Horse Care and Management Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Bicton College
This programme is aimed at enabling you to train and gain a qualification whilst working in the equine industry. Apprenticeships offer a good basis to a career in the equine industry. You can learn practical skills and expertise in the care, welfare and supervision of horses and achieve nationally recognised qualifications. The Advanced Apprenticeship progresses on from the knowledge and skills already achieved from the Apprenticeship or from a comparable level of equine industry experience.
Suggested course content (optional units are offered to suit your employment):
- Designing work programmes for horses
- Exercising schooled horses to maintain training
- Health and safety
- Horse health
- Stable management
- Transportation of horses
- Technical Certificate to be agreed at enrolment
You will also work towards nationally recognised Functional Skills qualifications (English and Maths).
You will need to have achieved the following:
- Initial Assessment results should show that you are working at Level 2
- Relevant work experience and knowledge of your chosen industry
- A suitable work placement (we can help to find you one)
In addition, it would be helpful if you have the following:
- GCSEs at grades A-C in English and Maths or equivalents
- A good reference and proven ability and experience within the Equine industry at Level 2
Any riding at the College is subject to a satisfactory riding assessment. There is a 13 stone weight limit at College. If this is a problem, the riding assessment and subsequent riding could be done at your own yard or place of employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bicton College directly.