Music Technology at Outwood Academy Valley
In year 12 students will follow two units leading to an AS qualification.
Unit 1: Music Technology portfolio 1
* Task 1A Sequenced realised performance
* Task 1B Multi track recording
* Task 1C Creative sequenced arrangements
Unit 2: Listening and Analysing
* Popular music from 1910 to the present day
* Two special focuses style will be selected each year for more in depth study
* Task 3A Sequenced Integrated Performance
* Task 3B Multi track recording
* Task 3c Composing using music technology
* This is a practical examination: students mix and edit a piece of music to demonstrate their music technology skills. They will also explore a musical score and explain the key features relating to the production task.
* Students will show their understanding of the key developments of music tech and how they are applied within music production.
5A*-C GCSEs across range of subjects. GCSE in music an advantage. Deirable if student plays a musical instrument and has basic knowledge of music theory.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Outwood Academy Valley directly.