Vehicle Technology (Motorsports) BTEC Level 3 National Subsidiary Diploma at North Liverpool Academy
This course provides you with the opportunity to develop your theory and practical understanding in maintaining and repairing motor vehicles. You should have a strong interest in vehicle design, layout and repairs. You will gain critical understanding of key concepts of the motor industry. The course also focuses on both the technical and practical aspects of preparation and
Inspection of motorsport vehicles, It will enable learners to gain the skills required of a competent member of a motorsport team. Students will use state of the art equipment and have the opportunity to develop skills such engine building, service and repair. All students will be well motivated via applied learning and assessment.
- Vehicle Engine Principles, Operation, Service and Repair
- Motorsport Vehicle Preparation and Inspection
- Motorsport Workshop Practices
- Vehicle fault diagnosis & rectification
- Operation of vehicle chassis systems
- Light vehicle brakes, suspension and transmission systems
- Applications of welding technology
- Essential working practices in vehicle technology
Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English or BTEC Level 2 Vehicle Technology, Merit or above.
Practical coursework assessments related to modular units.
This course will aid with your progression into employment or apprenticeships within the motor industry/motorsports alongside a variety of University courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Liverpool Academy directly.