Marine Systems Engineering and Maintenance Level Two City & Guilds Certificate at East Riding College
This course is aimed at those who would like to progress into the marine industry, this course is designed as an intermediate qualification that will allow progression from a level one qualification but is also suitable for employed people with practical skills but no formal qualifications.
- The introduction to the marine industry
- Marine engineering processes and principles
- Service and maintenance of marine engines
- Service and maintenance of marine propulsion units
- A relevant level one qualification
- Practical skills gained in employment
- A satisfactory interview and an initial assessment
You will be assessed by a range of techniques to include observation of practical activities in workshops, oral questioning, written reports and online testing.
This qualification allows you to progress onto the level three course or employment in the light marine industry or an apprenticeship in the engineering industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.