Hair & Media Make-Up: Level 2 City & Guilds Diploma at NESCOT
This course will develop students' skills in hair and media make-up and successful completion will allow progression on to the Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects, Hair and Media Make up.
All the following units needs to be completed:
- Working in the beauty related industries
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Apply make up
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Create an image based on a theme with the hair and beauty sector
- The art of photographic make up
- Body art design
- Apply skin tanning techniques
- The art of colouring hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Make and style a hair addition
A minimum of 3 Cs and 1 D grade including English at GCSE or equivalent, or Level 1 Diploma in Hair & Beauty with the majority of grades being merits or above, plus English.
Successful completion will allow progression on to the Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects, Hair and Media Make up.
Students will be required to buy a uniform, and a make-up and hairdressing kit, the cost of which will be advised at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NESCOT directly.