Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance City & Guilds Diploma Level 2 at Southampton City College
This qualification can help you to progress into a huge array of boatbuilding and maintenance roles, for which there is currently a skills shortage in the industry. The course will give you a thorough knowledge of yacht and boat construction, including assembly and sub-assembly, hull construction, installation and fitting out, and marine propulsion systems. You will learn practical skills in our specialist Marine Skills Centre in Woolston and gain the underpinning knowledge from industry professionals. The courses are pathway specific and tailored to: Boat Building, Marine Engineering and Marine Electrical Engineering.
- Introduction to the marine industry
- Principles of boat building technology
- Marine engineering processes and principles
- GCSEs grade A*-D (including English, maths and science) or
- Experience and sound knowledge of marine engineering, wood working and electrical systems
- Level 3 Diploma in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance
- Apprenticeship in Marine Engineering, Marine Electrical or Boat Building
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.