Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Apprenticeship Intermediate at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentice's competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework.
Also included must be qualifications which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
- Conforming to General Safety in the Workplace
- Conforming to Efficient Working Practices in the Workplace
- Confirm the occupational method of work
- Confirm work activities and resources for the work
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in motor vehicle
- Supporting job roles in the automotive work environment
- Diagnose and rectify electrical and mechanical vehicle faults
- Diagnose and rectify faults in chassis systems
- Diagnose and rectify engine faults
Carry out routine heavy vehicle maintenance and inspections, including servicing, repairing and replacing faulty parts and maintaining records.
Your employer would be expected to train and support you in the workplace so you have the experience to be competent in all of the mandatory and chosen optional units.
You will be assessed in the workplace as well as the college to ensure all the competencies are met.
The range of methods include portfolio building, professional discussion and direct observation, as well as classroom teaching and online tests.
You will have regular review meetings with your assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
Level 3 NVQ Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Level 3 in another part of the Automotive Retail Industry, such as Vehicle Parts or Vehicle Body & Paint
Employment into a range of jobs at Level 2 & 3, such as Service Advisor, Service Receptionist or Maintenance Controller.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.