Digital Music Production Level 1 and Level 2 at Youth Education Project (YEP!)
At YEP our music course is called ‘Beats & Bars’ Level 1 and 2, this covers all areas of music such as:
· Learning how to use music software to their full potential: Reason & Fruity Loops aka FL Studio.
· Learning the role of a sound engineer: How to check if the equipment is working, how to use music software’s such as Cubase in order to record an artist’s vocals & how to mix and master an entire song.
· Writing for meaning skills: how to become the perfect song-writer, how to analyse your favorite song & how to write a concert review/blog.
· Using the internet as a medium for music: What websites to use when uploading your own material, how to identify the key differences between audio files such as MP3 or WAV & the issues surrounding legal/illegal downloading.
· Work experience: Working alongside one of Leicester’s top radio stations aka Eava FM 102.5, learning how to present a radio show, improving on interview skills & presenting your very own show.
You will be enrolled onto a Programme of Study course , a recognised full time programme which will in addition to the Music Qualification include Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT and/or GCSE
We will also work on your Personal and Social Development (PSD) improving employability skills, CV and cover letter writing, interview techniques, money management, healthy eating to name just a few subjects covered.
There will also be opportunities to join in social events run by YEP such as football tournaments, pool and table tennis competitions, visits to mega zone and bowling to build on team work, communication skills and confidence.
There are no entry requirements - just a willingness to learn and the right attitude
Assessment is continuous and involves building up a portfolio of evidence as you progress through the course.
Free to learners - most will qualify for a bursary to help with travel and lunches
We will help you to identify a suitable progression and try to make it happen!
Contact the office on 0116 319 6585 to come and have a look around our Music Department and recording studio. Ask for Lee or Nikki
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.