Performing Arts (Music) BTEC Level 1 Award/Diploma at Hull College Group
This one year course is aimed at students who have an interest in Music but who do not yet have formal qualifications.
The course introduces students to basic skills in Music Performance, Music Technology and Music Theory.
Students will get an opportunity to perform in front of an audience in a professional environment, which aims to improve their performance skills and raise their confidence. Students will also learn about backstage operations and the Music industry.
This course aims to briefly cover all aspects of Music performance enabling the student to successfully progress on to a level 2 course.
- Preparing Music for Performance
- Developing Performance Skills
- Individual Repertoire and Showcase
- Music Technology
- Music Theory
No formal qualifications are required for this course.
- BTEC Level 2 Music Performance
- BTEC Level 2 Music Technology
All students will partake in all of the elements of the Study Programme which include:
- Vocational Studies
- English and Maths*
- Additional learning goals
- Individual learner reviews
- Work experience
- Directed Personal Study
Additional vocational work will be set for students to work on in studios as Directed Personal study, outside of the above timetabled sessions. Hours per week for this Study programme are between 16hrs and 30hrs.
Each student has an Individual Study programme package dependant on previous qualification achievements.
* Dependant on previous qualifications, Maths and English are mandatory requirements for all students who have not achieved Grade C or above in GCSE. Additional learning goals will be studied dependant on individual students previous English and Maths achievements
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.