Introduction to Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 at Sunderland College
This course is for people looking to make a career in the hospitality and catering industry and:
- Enjoy developing practical skills
- Are able to stay calm under pressure
- Are able to cope with several tasks at once
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Use creativity and imagination in food preparation
- Have a real passion for food and the industry
This course covers the following key areas:
- Food safety
- Health and safety in catering
- Healthier foods
- Costs and menu planning
- Preparing and cooking different foods
You will need to have an interest in catering and related industries and have a minimum of one GCSE at grade D.
You will also need to complete a practical skills assessment prior to starting the course.
This course is taught using both theory and practical methods. You will also gain experience in our realistic working environments The Lounge Bistro and Bar, The Deli and The Brunch Box.
After successfully completing this course you could progress on to the Level 2 and 3 Chefs Diploma or learn on the job with an Apprenticeship
The course also prepares you for becoming a chef in the catering industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sunderland College directly.