Motor Sport Automobile Studies Level 3 Extended Diploma at Carshalton College
The course comprises of 18 units over the two years. These may include:
- Internal Combustion Engine Technology
- Vehicle Drive Line and Chassis Technology
- Motor Sport Workshop Practical
- Electrical and Electronic Technology
- Motor Sport Vehicle Preparation
- Motor Vehicle Practical work
- Motor Vehicle Theory
Five GCSEs Grade C or above to include English, Maths, Science, IT, or equivalent, plus a satisfactory interview, and:
- 85% Attendance
- Completion of current course
- Merit grades on at least three online and phase tests on main LV units
- Reference from course tutor (including good behaviour and punctuality)
- Observation of Practical work
- Written assignments
Fees are not normally paid by 16 to 18 year olds.
On successful completion of this course the student can progress onto a Level 4 Master Technician course, a Higher National Diploma or Foundation Degree.
Alternatively, the student can enter the motor industry, either into the workshop environment or into management, development and research or the motor sport industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.