Sport (Outdoor Adventure) Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in the outdoor education industry or the public services, military or civilian?
Are you looking for a practical route into Higher Education?
This course gives you the equivalent of up to three A Levels. You will also complete work experience, and have the opportunity to achieve a variety of personal qualifications and national governing body awards.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Outdoor Activities
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grade C or above, or,
- Successful completion of a relevant Level 2 course at Merit or Distinction level, supported by a personal tutor reference
- Once interviewed, applicants will have to submit an assignment and attend an outdoor selection day
- You must be committed, determined and enthusiastic about the subject
- You must have no serious problems with heights, and be able to swim
- The course is limited to 15 places. Early application is strongly advised
- All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of this course will provide you with various options in employment and education.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Sport Science (Sports Coaching), available at Rhos-on-Sea
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Sports Science (Outdoor Recreation), available at Bangor
Alternatively, you may apply to other institutions for Degrees, Foundation Degrees and HNDs in Outdoor subjects, Sports Science, Sports Development, Geography, Nursing, Teacher Training, Business and Computing, to name just a few.
You could also move into employment, either directly or after further study. Previous students have secured roles at sport, leisure or outdoors facilities as instructors, supervisors and managers. Others have been accepted into the Police, the Army and the Royal Marines.Career opportunities
- Exercise Physiologist
- Fitness Centre Manager
- Outdoor Activities Instructor
- Sports Coach
- Sports Development Officer
- Sports Equipment Development & Research
- Sports Therapist
- Sport & Exercise Psychologist
Programme code: 0801A03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.