Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ Level 2 (Fast Track) at York College
Please refer to the standard Level 1 and Level 2 course descriptions as similar units to those will be studied. For example:
- Health and Safety Practices in Vehicle Maintenance
- Job Roles in the Automotive Industry
- Spark Ignition Engine Systems, Components and Operation
- Routine Vehicle Maintenance Processes and Procedures
- Introduction to Low Carbon Technologies in the Automotive Industry
- Vehicle Electrical Foundation Skills
- Removing and Replacing Engine Units and Components
- Removing and Replacing Chassis Units and Components
This motor vehicle qualification is for students who have 2 GCSEs at grade C or above in Maths and English (grade 4 or above). It is a demanding programme as it includes both the Level 1 and Level 2 courses in one.
Many of the students take up employment in the automotive industry and follow a Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship. Alternatively it is possible to progress onto the Level 3 Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMIAL VRQ with the correct entry requirements and interview (depending on number of applicants).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact York College directly.