A Level Information and Communication Technology at Beaconsfield High School
This syllabus was re-developed in 2010 into 4 modules across the A Level. The modules build on the previous specification, but incorporating new technology, broadening the range of applications and increasing the opportunity for practical work.
Module 1 Practical Problem Solving in the Digital World
Module 2 Living in the Digital World
Module 3 The use of ICT in the Digital World
Module 4 Practical Issues Involved in the Use of ICT in the Digital World (Coursework)
- ICT is required for many careers. This course has a particular focus on understanding the Digital World and use of information within the business context. It is designed to support students in building a sound knowledge of how ICT is used both in society and in business, and the implications of its use. Students are required to gain practical experience of applications in text, number, image and sound. The IT industry continues to grow and develop rapidly, offering many career opportunities.
- All examination papers are 1 hour 30 minutes and comprise short answer questions and more structured questions requiring discursive answers.
- All examination questions are compulsory.
- Should you require additional information, please contact Mr Cole at school.
How can parents help?
- The provision of home computers with appropriate software would be an advantage.
- Parents can assist with relevant examples from their own workplace.
- Parents may wish to purchase prescribed textbooks.
- Helping plan for deadlines on the project.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Beaconsfield High School directly.