Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 2 at Hugh Baird College
Apprenticeships are very popular programmes designed by employers that provide paid work-experience, training and qualifications to people aged 16 and above.
An Apprenticeship framework comprises:
- A work-based qualification NVQ National Vocational Qualification), assessed in the workplace, demonstrating practical skills linked to the job
- Functional skills, which show competency in English and maths applied to the workplace
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS); they include creative thinking, independent enquiry, reflective learner, effective participator, self management and team working.
In the workplace, candidates must complete a work-related qualification based on the following units:
- Manage own performance in a business environment
- Improve own performance in a business environment
- Work in a business environment
- Communicate in a business environment
- Skills, knowledge and competences will be assessed in your workplace. It provides students with an opportunity to demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed for a career in business and administration.
- At College or in the workplace, candidates will study a Certificate in Administration at Level 2 which includes:
- Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of managing information and producing documents in a business environment
- Functional skills in maths, English and ICT at Level 1 are part of the course.
Applicants must be aged 16 or over. They must be employed in a business setting for a minimum of 30 hours a week (including work and College). Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths, English, ICT or science. All applicants will be individually interviewed and assessed.
Please contact the Business Development Team for further details:
- Tel: 0800 046 7720
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some courses are fully or partially funded, depending upon individual circumstances.
After you have successfully completed this course you could progress onto the NVQ level 3 in Business and Administration.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.