Nail Services Apprenticeship - City & Guilds Level 2 at Redcar & Cleveland College
The nail industry has increasingly become separate to beauty therapy as specialist nail boutiques become commonplace in the high street. It is anticipated that candidates will already be employed in a salon or similar environment, working under supervision in a development role. The qualification will enable them to undertake more complex tasks and give them the opportunity to prove their competence over time in the workplace. It will lead to a National Vocational Qualification in Nail Services at level 2 which will give a theory and practical based approach to the subject.
To gain the qualifications listed below, you will need to be with an employer which involves working in a beauty therapy/nail services environment carrying out practical activities in order to gain the relevant basic skills and knowledge needed to work in a salon. You will usually attend college one day per week, attend training with your salon and receive frequent visits from your tutor.
The current technical framework is:
Induction programme-Employment Responsibilities and Rights (ERR) Workbook
- This covers the rights and responsibilities of workers (including equal opportunities legislation).
- The organisation, disciplines and representatives structures of the industries concerned.
Nail Services Level 2 City & Guilds
- Provide nail art service.
- Extend, maintain and repair nail.
- Provide manicure treatment.
- Provide pedicure treatment.
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety.
- Promote additional products or services to clients.
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work.
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments.
To qualify for an Apprenticeship you must secure employment in the area of nail services.
There are no formal qualifications needed to commence the Nail Services Framework, although a good standard of literacy and numeracy is required. This will be assessed to support your application and to establish any support needs you have.
You will collect evidence from work and produce a portfolio, to prove you have the skills.
Salon Wear to be advised at enrolment
Most of our apprentices continue to be employed at the end of the apprenticeship. There are good opportunities for selfemployment or perhaps an Advanced Apprenticeship in Nail Services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redcar & Cleveland College directly.