Financial Studies IFS Level 3 Diploma at Malmesbury School
The ifs has developed a comprehensive personal finance education package with qualifications that:
- attract up to 140 UCAS points
- ensures students gain the skills, and knowledge to make the seamless progression to employment and higher education
DipFS consists of four mandatory units:
- Unit 1 – Financial Capability for the Immediate and Short Term
- Unit 2 – Financial Capability for the Medium and the Long Term
These first Two Units are the content of the AS Certificate in Financial Studies (CeFS) usually taken in the first year of Sixth Form.
These units must be passed before entry is allowed into the Diploma course.
- Unit 3 – Sustainability of an Individual’s Finances
- Unit 4 – Sustainability of the Financial Services System
- Part A (35 x multiple choice) examination is taken in January
- Part B - Written Paper based on a pre-released Case Study one week later in January
- Part A (35 x Multiple choice) examination is taken in May/June
- Part B - Written Paper based on a pre-released case study one week later in May or June
Multiple choice papers are assessed via the ifs e-test electronic testing system.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Malmesbury School directly.