Food and Beverage Service (Beverage) Apprenticeship Level 2 at Lincoln College
The Food & Beverage Service (Beverage) qualification is designed for those working in the hospitality industry whose tasks are essentially carried out working behind a bar
Most tasks carried out by a Food & Beverage (Beverage) apprentice are primarily drink-based. The tasks can be varied and can range from work in clubs, bars, public houses, nightclubs, restaurants and hotels - indeed, anywhere where alcoholic drinks are sold and consumed.
Job roles of an Intermediate Apprentice in Food & Beverage (Beverage)
Careers this Apprenticeship could lead to?
• Head Barperson
• Front of House Manager
• Team Leader
• Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
Optional Units may include:
• Prepare and clear the bar area
• Maintain cellars and kegs
• Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
• Clean drink dispense lines
Additional components of The Diploma in Beverage Service Apprenticeship:
• Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths & English (unless otherwise exempt)
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• A Technical Certificate
• You must be aged 16 or over, not in full-time education or training and have been resident in the UK / EEA for at least three years
• No specific qualifications are required however GCSE’s grades A – D (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics are preferred.
• Successful completion of Initial Assessments
• A suitable work placement
The Apprentice will be assessed in the workplace. To ensure that all the competences are met, regular review meetings with take place with your assessor and your employer to effect the successful achievement of the framework.
Mode of attendance:
This qualification is delivered entirely in the workplace and the only requirement for college attendance will be to sit various short courses offered to the learner at various stages throughout their apprenticeship.
What’s next after the Apprenticeship?
• Career progression within their current employment
• Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
• Further study or Higher Education
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lincoln College directly.