BTEC Business Level 3 Diploma at Nottingham Academy
If you are interested in learning more about the world of
business and like to work in a practical way, this course will
interest you. This course develops the necessary skills,
knowledge and understanding in a vocational context, building
a portfolio of work. It is a practical qualification which will help
you to progress to either higher education or employment in
the broad business sector.
You will receive instruction, guidance and encouragement to
practise and develop the skills necessary to achieve the
award. The course covers a wide range of subjects from
Starting a Small Business to the Economic Environment.
Units covered at Subsidiary Diploma (Year1)
– Unit 1: The Business Environment.
– Unit 2: Business Resources.
– Unit 3: Introduction to Marketing.
– Unit 5: Business Accounting.
– Unit 9: Creative Product Promotion.
– Unit 19: Developing Teams in Business.
Units covered at Diploma (year 2)
– Unit 38: Business and the Economic Environment.
– Unit 36: Starting a Small Business.
– Unit 13: Recruitment and Selection in Business.
– Unit 16: Human Resource Management.
– Unit 18: Managing a Business Event.
– Unit 37: Understanding Business Ethics.
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including C grade or above in English and C
grade or above in mathematics
The course is assessed through assignments, projects and case studies.
This course is a recognised route into Higher Education.
Students may progress to a Higher National Diploma or
Degree course. Employment opportunities in retail, personnel,
finance, HR and Marketing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nottingham Academy directly.