History - AS/A2 Level at The Parker E-act Academy
To apply for this course online you need to go to the Daventry Learning Partnership page.
A study of modern history will give you a critical understanding of how past events have shaped the world that we live in today. An enquiring mind, love of reading and awareness of the world around you as history unfolds is just as important.
On this course, you'll learn how political, social and cultural change has impacted the development of the United States, Britain, India and international relations in the twentieth century. This includes:
* The USA 1890 - 1945
* The Sixties Revolution in British Society 1959 - 1975
* Aspects of International Relations 1945 - 2004
* India and the British Empire 1757 - 1947.
Five GCSEs at Grades A*- C (or equivalent) including GCSE English. You don't need GCSE History, but if you do, it should be Grade C or above.
* All AS units are assessed by formal written exams
* In the second year you will also produce a personal study of 3500 words exploring change over 100 years.
Employment, Higher Education or further study for a Professional Qualification.
AS Level (first year) LFTALEVEL FDAS
A Level (second year only - use this code if you have already completed your AS Level and would like direct entry into the second year) LFTALEVEL FDA2
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Parker E-act Academy directly.