Site Carpentry Apprenticeship Intermediate at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentice's competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework.
Also included must be qualifications which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace (Mandatory Unit)
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace (Mandatory Unit)
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace (Mandatory Unit)
Optional Units - Units required -3
- Installing First Fixing Components in the Workplace (optional)
- Installing Second Fixing Components in the Workplace (optional)
- Erecting Structural Carcassing Components in the Workplace (optional)
- Maintaining Non- Structural Carpentry Work in the Workplace (optional)
- Setting Up and Using Transportable Cutting and Shaping Machines in the Workplace(optional)
Working on a construction site or in domestic and commercial premises, to given specifications, carrying out site carpentry to first and second fixing.
Your employer would be expected to train and support you in the workplace so you have the experience to be competent in all of the mandatory and chosen optional units.
You will be assessed in the workplace as well as the college to ensure all the competencies are met.
The range of methods include portfolio building, professional discussion and direct observation, as well as classroom teaching and online tests.
You will have regular review meetings with your assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Construction Building: Wood Occupations (Site Carpentry)
- Further employment opportunities in current role or alternative job role
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.