Food and Beverage Service and an Introduction to Event Planning Diploma Level 3 at St Helens College
This course is about enhancing your food and beverage skills, providing an introduction to event planning and developing supervisory and leadership skills within the hospitality industry.
You will be supervising cellar and drink storage, supervising cash handling and developing those all important skills in first class facilities that mirror real work environments.
During this course, you will cover the following units:
- Principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Principles of supervising food and beverage services
- Principles of promoting food and beverage services and products
- Principles of supervising customer service performance in hospitality, leisure and travel and tourism
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Supervising food and beverage service
- Carve, fillet, joint and serve food in a food service area
- Preparing and serving alcoholic and cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Preparing and serving cocktails
- Preparing and serving wines
- Preparing, cooking and serving food in a food service area
- Providing advice to customers on food and beverage matching
- Supervising hospitality events
- Legal and social responsibilities of a personal licence holder
You will need four GCSEs at grade C or above, including English or maths, a level 2 qualification in food and bevereage.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
You will be assessed by assignments, observations undertaking a full range of supervisory and food and beverage tasks and short written tests.
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation.
Successful completion of this course, will provide an excellent foundation for a career in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries. Furthermore we will support all students to gain employment in the catering and hospitality industry.
Previous students have secured employment in a range of hospitality businesses including exclusive hotels and restaurants, fast food provision, pub and clubs, industrial and hospital catering, event management, cruise ships and airline hospitality.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.