Introduction to Early Years Education and CareCACHE Level 2 Certificate at The Arnewood School
The aim of this qualification is to prepare learners to work with children between birth and five years, with knowledge of children up to seven years.
Units covered include:-
Theme 1 Introducing the role of the early years practitioner.
- 1.3 support physical care routines for children
- 2.1 An introduction to the role of the early years practitioner.
- 5 Understand how to work in partnership.
Theme 2 Legislation, framework and professional practice.
- 2 Understand legislation relating to the safeguarding and protection
- and welfare of children.
- 3 Use legislation relating to the health and safety of children.
- 4 Use legislation relating to equality, diversity and inclusive practice.
Theme 3 Play, development and learning for school.
- 3.8 Understand how to plan to meet the needs of the developing child.
- 6 Supporting children’s play.
- 7 Support children’s play in early years
- 8 Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
- 10 Supporting children’s development
- 11 Use observation, assessment and planning.
- 12 Support children’s positive behaviour.
Theme 4 professional development.
- 9 Engage in professional development.
Optional units offered are
- OP1 support children with additional needs
- OP2 support creative play.
At least 250 placement hours are recommended for this qualification.
There are no minimum requirements for this course, but it is recommended that the students have GCSE Maths and English at a D grade or above and complete a successful interview with Mrs Rand, and Mrs Chubb the childcare teachers and Assessor.
There are no formal examinations for this course.
By presentation of a portfolio of evidence based on
- Coursework for each unit which will include, posters, leaflets, reports, plans.
- Direct observation of practical competence against the assessment criteria in the standards
- Witness statements, question and answer sessions and professional discussions can further support knowledge and performance evidence.
This qualification allows progression on to the CACHE Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications and other Level 3 qualifications relating to child care.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Arnewood School directly.