IB Theatre at King Ethelbert School
IB Theatre is a multi-faceted theatre-making course giving opportunities to make theatre as creators, designers, directors and performers, working both individually and as an ensemble. Approaching the world of theatre from contrasting artistic and cultural perspectives, you will develop an appreciation of the diversity of theatre practices, their processes and their modes of presentation.
· Working with play texts : developing ideas as a director
· Director’s notebook: staging a published play (35% SL or 20% HL)
· Examining world theatre traditions
· Research presentation of 13-15 minutes (30% SL or 20% HL)
· Collaboratively creating original theatre
· Theatre performance of 13-15 minutes (35% SL or 25% HL) The only internally assessed task
· Creating theatre based on theatre theory (HL only)
· Solo theatre piece (35% of HL only)
A minimum of 5A* - C, or equivalent, including English and Mathematics
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.