Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma at Exeter College
This one year course is designed to give you the knowledge and practical skills for employment in care or early year settings. The course is made up of four core units and four specialist units.
You will be taught by formal lectures with a variety of teaching methods including group work individual presentations, role plays and research.
Proposed units of study:
- Unit 1 Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Unit 2 Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Unit 3 Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Unit 4 Development through the Life Stages
- Unit 5 Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Unit 6 Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care
- Unit 7 Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Unit 8 Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Unit 10 Caring for Children and Young People
In addition, you will have the opportunity to either retake a Maths or English GCSE. All students undertake a basic First Aid qualification which links directly to the course. Students need to be aware that this is an academic course with little practical experience.
You will need 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language, Maths and Science. You will also be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for your work placements.
You will be assessed on course assignments, including externally marked assessment, in the form of an exam. Work placements are undertaken throughout the year on a one day release. Functional Skills are externally tested.
You may wish to purchase a text book costing approx £15.00. Transport to work experience. DBS check costing approx £44.00.
This course could provide progression into employment in health, care or early years settings, the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diplomaor to A Levels dependent on your course grade. Those applying for the course who have already acquired UCAS have the option to progress on to Higher Education, such as the Health and Social Care Studies Foundation Degree at Exeter College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exeter College directly.