Fine Art AS/A2 at Abbeyfield School
Most A-level art students choose to progress on to a 1 year Foundation Art course at university or college, before progressing on to a degree.
A-level Art is a broad qualification which provides an excellent foundation for a number of degrees including: Fine Art, Ceramics, Textiles, Animation, Graphics, Architecture, Illustration and much more.
There are many exciting career pathways from an art qualification including: artist, interior designer, graphic designer, fashion designer, architect, animator, illustrator, gallery curator, teacher or lecturer and many more!
- Grade B in GCSE Art (grade C accepted in exceptional circumstances)
- A passion and enthusiasm for art and a willingness to try new techniques and explore new ideas
- A strong work ethic and a commitment to completing a body of work outside of lesson time
- Purchasing an A3 hardback sketchbook with high quality cartridge paper (approx. £8 through school)
- Knowledge of art history and experience of visiting art galleries
- An art kit comprising of pens, pencils, paints, pastels etc. to support working at home
- An interest in photography as this provides valuable support to the development of your art work
- A good level of written communication as you will be expected to annotate and evaluate your work as well as completing a written essay towards the end of the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Abbeyfield School directly.