Building Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This Apprenticeship provides the opportunity for individuals who are working as a multi-skilled operative within two or more of the following disciplines: Carpentry & Joinery, Painting & Decorating, Tiling, Plastering, Roofing or Trowel Occupations to demonstrate their competence and build on their skills and knowledge.
The L2 NVQ Diploma in Building, Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment requires you to select and achieve units across the optional groups which are available, as well as completing the 4 mandatory units. Alongside the L2 NVQ Diploma a student will complete L2 Technical Certificate in Building, Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment . As part of this programme students will also study Functional Skills in Maths and English. The apprenticeship programme covers a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge and includes the following three components:
1. Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Building, Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment (evidence gathered from workplace)
Mandatory Units are:
- Deliver reliable customer service
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare
- Conforming to productive working practice
- Moving, handling and storing resources
2. Level 2 Diploma in Building, Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment (delivered in college)
Units delivered in college are:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Carry out masonry trade repairs
- Carry out painting and decorating trade repairs
- Carry out plastering trade repairs
- Carry out plumbing trade repairs
- Carry out wood trade repairs
- Carry out tiling trade repairs
- Carry out roofing trade repairs
- Develop customer relationships
2. Functional Skills in English and maths (level 1)
3. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
4. Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Minimum requirement of 4 GCSEs or equivalent at D or above, plus successful interview with member of college staff.
Achievement of each unit by internal testing and a series of questions and answers produced by Construction Skills Alliance and managed by the tutor. Practical assignment set by Construction Skills Alliance and controlled by the tutor. On line test covering the core units and the occupational units, this will be an independent test of knowledge and understanding. To gain the diploma you must achieve all units, the synoptic practical assignment, multiple choice unit tests and pass the GOLA on line test.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Plumbing.
Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Brickwork
Level 2 Intermediate in Wood Occupations
Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Painting & Decorating
Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Interior Systems.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.