Beauty Therapy Level 2 VRQ Diploma at The City of Liverpool College
Level 2 Beauty Therapy is a one year course designed for those with little to no experience, who would like to gain the knowledge and skills required for a career in the Beauty Therapy industry. This course enables learners to progress to level 3 Beauty Therapy.
Under the guidance of creative and diligent tutors you will gain the practical and theoretical knowledge to create beautiful Make-up and hair designs.
- 201 Working in beauty related industries
- 202 Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- 203 Client care and communication
- 205 Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- 216 Salon reception duties
- 204 Provide facial skin care
- 206 Remove hair using waxing techniques
- 207 Provide manicure treatments
- 208 Provide pedicure treatments
- 210 Provide lash and brow treatments
- 209 Apply make-up
- 222 Head massage
- 223 Apply skin tanning techniques
This course if fast paced creative and delivered to strict time scale. You will need to be highly motivated and be able to work positively as a member of a team and independently.
Maths and English
Depending on GCSE grades achieved determines what level of English and Maths you will be studying:
- Grade E or below – studying functional skills at an appropriate level
- Grade D – GCSE - to enable you to achieve a Grade C
- Grade C or above – provide you an opportunity to improve your grade if you wish to do so
All methods are selected to meet the levels and ability of each individual student.
- You are required to have either 3 GCSE grade D qualifications and above or a level 1 qualification.
- It is desirable but not essential to have GCSEs at grade C or above within Literacy and Numeracy, or successful completion of a Level 1 course in a related subject area.
- Prospective students may be asked to sit an initial assessment to determine their current levels of literacy and numeracy, if they do not fit into the above category.
- It is essential that applicants demonstrate an appropriate level on inter-personal skills at interview as this is a customer focused industry.
Successful completion can lead to employment in Beauty Therapy salons and /or further specialist study to NVQ Level 3.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.