Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 2 at City Training Services
You will be Employed in a Business Administration role and will learn in the workplace and complete a portfolio of evidence showing your competence in Administrative areas including working with office equipment, use of telephones and communication with customers and colleagues, development of documentation, planning events, business travel, organising meetings and providing minutes as well as maintaining data and using paper and digital filing systems.
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of;
- Work based assessment NVQ
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and IT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (workbook)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities are embedded in the Technical Certificate
NVQ Certificate in Business Administration Level 2
This NVQ is delivered in the workplace by selecting relevant units that cover the work being carried out on a day to day basis.
A portfolio of evidence is then presented in a digital format to show competence in each of the units until 100% of the requirement is met. The Apprentice is guided and has plans set by an Assessor who will visit in the workplace every 4 weeks.
Typical units covered are;
- Communicate in a Business Environment
- Work with other People in a Business Environment
- Produce Documents in a Business Environment
- Handle Mail
- Make and Receive Telephone Calls
- Solve Business Problems
Certificate in the Principles of Business and Administration
This qualification is delivered as a 15 week day release College course and covers 5 different areas of Knowledge with 5 Assessments during the 15 weeks with a Pass, Merit or Distinction outcome dependant on the marks achieved.
The 5 Assessed areas are;
- Principles of Personal Responsibilities and Working in a Business Environment
- Principles of Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Managing Information and Producing Documents
- Principles of Supporting Change in a Business Environment
- Principles of Supporting Business Events
Either Grade A – C in English and Maths or achieves E3 assessment level at application.
Work place assessments by college assessors, end tests in college and portfolio evidence
Free for 16-18 year olds
Limited places for anyone 19-24 with employer contribution required (to be discussed with employer)
Upon successful Completion of the Level 2 Course the Apprentice has the opportunity to progress to Level 3.
For further information or to apply online please visit:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City Training Services directly.