Animal care, equine and countryside - BTEC Diploma in Landscaping and Horticulture level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
If you want a hands-on career working outdoors building and maintaining outdoor spaces/gardens, this course offers a varied role throughout the year including tasks such as building patios and fences, using landscape machinery and plantsmanship. Gain knowledge and skills in hard and soft landscaping such as paving and planting, and develop knowledge of machinery including strimmers, mowers and rotovators.
• Establish and maintain outdoor plants
• Understand the basic principles of plant science
• Set out from a landscape plan
• Construct landscape foundations and surfaces
• Develop skills in the use of land-based machinery
• Understand the principles of sports and amenity turf maintenance
• Undertake work experience
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English 3 and maths at 2 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 3 or above.
• Written assignments
• Practical work
Level 3 courses in animal, equine or agriculture or employment in the landscape industry e.g. garden maintenance, working in garden centres or hard/soft landscaping or an apprenticeship.
Contact the college, tel: 01484 437070 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.