Engineering Diploma - Electrical/Electronic Technology - Level 2 at Crawley College
Have ever wondered what makes you tablet, computer or phone work? Do you have a keen interest in Maths and Science? Do you want to be part of an ever growing industry helping to create a better future? If so then this is the programme for you. The UK is expanding its Engineering sector every year with more and more companies looking for highly skilled technicians to come up with innovative new systems and technologies.
Here at Central Sussex College you will take your first steps into your career by learning the principles and practices needed to excel in this field. You will develop your knowledge of Electronic circuit construction and fault finding
Learners will study 6 mandatory units as shown below, plus GCSE in English and Maths (if C or above grades arte not achieved already in English and Maths).
- Working in Engineering
- Principles of Engineering Technology
- Principles of Electrical and Electronics Technology
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment and Systems
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Circuits
- Constructing, Testing and Fault Finding Electronic Circuits.
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
- Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
- English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
- 3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.
You will have specific time in your timetable for each of the three elements above and you will be expected to attend all elements throughout the year. Study programmes are designed to help you meet your maximum potential and progress to the next level of study of into work.
You will need a minimum of 4x GCSEs at grade D, including English, Maths and a Science subject preferably Physics.
If you have completed the City&Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Engineering you may also be considered.
All units are assessed by a combination of course assignments, phase tests and final assessments.
Upon successful completion you'll be able to progress onto the following routes;
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Level 3
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.