Intro to the Hair & Beauty Sector (Hairdressing) City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This is an introductory qualification and is ideal for learners who are interested in a career in the hairdressing industry allowing them to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in this field.
Learners must achieve 6 credits from the mandatory units and a minimum of 32 credits from the optional units.
The course includes:
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Styling women’s hair
- Styling men’s hair
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- The art of colouring
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Salon reception duties
In addition to the hairdressing units which must be completed, learners will study Functional skills Math’s, functional skills English and work experience.
Please note: You will be required to complete 2 weeks work experience during the academic year.
- GCSE in English (grade of A to D), GCSE in Math’s (grade of A to E), plus two other graded GCSEs (preferably science and art)
- Interview with the tutors and an Initial Assessment in English & Math’s will take place at the college taster/interview session.
- Compulsory attendance at a college information evening in June
- Five days’ work experience in a Hair and or Beauty salon with a documented letter or reference from the employer.
All Hairdressing programmes are assessed through a range of practical assessment techniques, assignments and examinations.
Practical assessments will take place in fully equipped salons where students will practice and develop their hairdressing skills. All assessments will take place on clients in our fully equipped salons.
As this is a rigorous course of study your timetable you will have allocated slots where you are required to work independently on completing study guides, research tasks and assignments.
Course Fees: 16-18 £0.00
Costs are approximate and may be subject to change.
- Course materials: £150 (Approx)
- Hairdressing kit: £170 (Approx)
- Uniform: £55 (approx)
- Text book: £25 (Approx)
Progression from this course will be to a Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing at Bromley College or onto an Apprenticeship studying a Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma in Hairdressing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.