Higher Education Toolbox (Access To Higher Education) at Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College
This module is an advanced study skills programme providing you with the opportunity to acquire and develop the necessary study skills to work successfully in Higher Education.
Please note that this module is compulsory for any student wishing to gain the full Access Diploma (3 modules plus Higher Education Toolbox). It cannot be chosen as a module on its own.
You will submit a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate that you have satisfied the following five learning outcomes:
- To manage and take responsibility for your own learning and performance.
- To work effectively with others.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate a presentation using appropriate tools.
- To be aware of a variety of ways of presenting information using a range of resources including a computer.
- To write effectively for a range of purpose using appropriate tools and academic conventions including referencing and the use of a bibliography.
The usual entry requirement to QE is 5 GCSE grades at C or above including Maths or English. A good number of students study four AS Levels in their first year and to do this we require at least 3B grades and 3C grades at GCSE including Maths and English Language. Students who do not achieve these GCSE grades take fewer subjects at A Level and will be required to do resits in GCSE Maths and English if they have not already achieved a grade C in these core subjects. The College is large enough to have a very flexible timetable that allows students to take almost any combination of subjects at A Level. The advantage of this system is that we can tailor your programme to suit your needs and abilities. We give lots of advice if you decide to apply to the College.
Most of the evidence for the Learning Outcomes will be demonstrated via assignments completed in other modules. You will be supported to construct the portfolio but you will also be expected to keep your own copies of completed pieces of work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College directly.