Plumbing City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
As a Level 2 student you will be gaining a range of specialist skills to enable you to progress to an apprenticeship and become fully qualified. It will develop your skills in accuracy as well as practical problem solving. Students are taught in our up-to-date workshops by tutors experienced in the industry.
The need for good, qualified trades people is ever present in the plumbing industry. The work requires specialist skills and is both varied and interesting. This course covers hot and cold water systems, heating systems and basic electrics.
Topics you will cover include:
- Basic Principles and Processes of Plumbing
- Hot and Cold Water Supply
- Central Heating
- Environmental Awareness
Applicants without suitable experience may be advised to commence study at Level 1.
- 4 GCSEs at grade E or above (to include maths and English) or the successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification e.g. Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing
- Alternatively, applicants who can evidence suitable experience or aptitude will also be considered
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
The course is assessed by portfolio completion, practical and theory assessments and online assessment.
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
Study options may include:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Plumbing
Employment options may include:
- Domestic Plumbing
- Industrial Plumbing Contractor
- Major Utility Companies
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.