English Literature AS/A level at Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre
· AS and A level English Literature are linear qualifications with assessments for each qualification taking place at the end of the course
· AS is a stand-alone qualification and will not contribute towards an A level
· There is a 20% coursework weighting at A level
· 100% examined assessment at A
· Number of texts studied: 8 at A level and 4 at AS (to facilitate in-depth reading)
· A level texts must include at least 3 pre-1900 works, including one Shakespeare play, and a post- 2000 work
AS students study poetry, prose and drama.
A-Level students study drama, Shakespeare, drama texts, prose.
AS: students write essays on named poems and studied dramas.
A-Level: students write essays on Shakespeare, prose and drama texts. Students take examinations featuring a comparative essay question. Coursework on investigation and creating texts.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre directly.