Science Level 3 National Diploma at City College Coventry
If you are interested in a career in applied science and want a course that combines both theory and practical skills, this course could be for you. It offers an excellent foundation for progress into further study at university or science-based employment.
This is a Study Programme course which, if successful, leads to the 90 credit qualification over one year and progression to the full 180 credit qualification over 2 years. The curriculum evolves every year but we try to include unusual and stimulating classes that link into your learning.
Subjects you study include:
- Fundamentals of Science
- Working in the Science Industry
- Scientific Investigation
- Scientific Practical Techniques
- Perceptions of Science
12 Specialist units such as:
- Mathematical Calculations for Science
- Using Statistics in Science
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
- Physiology of Human Regulation and Reproduction
- Microbiological Techniques
- Practical Chemical Analysis
- Medical Physics Techniques
- Chemical Laboratory Techniques
- Diseases and Infections
- Biochemistry and Biochemical Techniques
- Chemistry for Biology Technicians
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Biomedical Science Techniques
Other learning opportunities include:
- Practical and work related skills
- Projects and assignments based on the units you are taking
This course is a Study Programme which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
* If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Science and either English or Maths (or both).
Relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit Level with GCSE/Level 2 in English & maths. If you have a Pass grade you will complete an additional assessment to check course suitability.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Coventry directly.