Art and Design: Graphic Communication at Neston High School
Students who opt for the Graphic Communication A level will produce work in one or more of the following areas: • illustration
• packaging design
• design for print
• communication and computer graphics.
Students will develop skills in the following areas:
• understanding of meaning, function, style, scale, colour and content in relation to the chosen area of Graphic
• awareness of intended audience or purpose for their chosen area of Graphic Communication
• ability to respond to an issue, concept or idea, working to a brief or answering a need in the chosen area of Graphic
• appreciation of the relationship of form and function and, where applicable, the constraints of working to a brief
• appreciation of the appropriate use of typography which could include hand lettering and signs and symbols
• understanding of a variety of materials and genres appropriate to their chosen area of Graphic Communication.
4 A* - C with 1 C in an Art and Design subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Neston High School directly.