Mathematics A Level at Hessle High School and Sixth Form College
The following units are studied:
- Algebra and Functions
- Coordinate Geometry in the (x,y) Plane
- Sequences and Series
- Exponentials and Logarithms
- Numerical Methods
- Statistical Sampling
- Data Presentation and Interpretation
- Statistical Distributions
- Statistical Hypothesis Testing
- Quantities and Units in Mechanics
- Forces and Newton's Law
A minimum of five GCSEs at a Pass Grade are required.
Some courses have specific subject grade requirements for entry. For more details, please contact staff at your place of study.
Mathematics encompasses many disciplines and is a vital process in business, computing, economics and science. It can lead to a vast array of opportunities and is highly regarded by employers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hessle High School and Sixth Form College directly.