Accessibility links

Art and Design at St Aldhelm's Academy

Course description

This course would suit...
A creative young person, someone who enjoys drawing and making art and someone who is willing to try something new.

GCSE Art and Design allows young people to try a range of disciplines in their work. The course is made up of two units; one is a portfolio produced as coursework and the other is an externally set controlled test.

The portfolio must contain two or more projects and makes up 60% of the overall grade and the other 40% is from the controlled test. Both units are marked using four assessment objectives and total a mark out of 80.

Work is marked in the centre and moderated externally.

Projects are set by the centre and have in the past included themes on Japan, Word and Image, Shoes, Natural Forms, Pop Art, The Environment and Pattern.

Within the portfolio we aim to try many different processes including, painting and drawing, printing, textiles, design, photography and 3D studies. We also use ICT in the portfolios as a tool for producing artwork.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Aldhelm's Academy directly.

Last updated date: 10 July 2014

Key information

  • Start date: Next September
  • Duration: 1-2 Years

Venues