Traffic Office Intermediate Apprenticeship at Wincanton Group Limited
A Traffic Operator Apprentice is a development role to support several contracts as well as the construction business as a whole, aim of building a long term career path.
- You will undertake the Wincanton Traffic Office Apprenticeship, which will last approximately 2 years. During this time, you will receive accreditation for a level 2 qualification.
- Understanding health, safety and security at work within a transport environment.
- Support the achievement of the targeted performance for the specified activities and operations within your depot and individually.
- Contribute to the provision of Customer service within the transport operation.
- Understand how to utilise own fleet and Independent Contract Hauliers’ vehicles efficiently through routing and scheduling, whilst adhering to all legal, Health & Safety, product compatibility and environmental requirements.
- Understand and manage all aspects of legal compliance.
- Communicate with drivers on a daily basis, to ensure effective working relationships are developed.
- Work as part of a small multi-skilled team to achieve common goals.
• Will possess strong attention to detail to ensure accurate documentation.
• Be an effective and confident communicator and be able to develop good working relationships at all levels within an established team.
• Have the ability to work on own initiative and work within tight deadlines.
• Will have excellent organisational skills.
• Will be PC literate
• Ideally you will hold a full driving licence - due to travelling to different locations.
• Be looking to pursue a career within the logistics industry
• Will be flexible to travel and working in different locations
• Ideally will have 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent, including maths and English, however this is not a necessity for the right candidate.
Things to consider
This role involves a lot of telephone work and working out profit margins and charge rates. There is a permanent role at the end of this and it is a proper job, we don’t just want to get people on the cheap, we want to recruit the right people who we develop to be our managers of the future.
Full Certificate in Level 2 Traffic Office, including:
1. Literacy level 1 (KS)
2. Numeracy level 1 (KS)
3. ICT level 1
5. Personal thinking and learning
6. Classroom/knowledge based training (112 hours)
7. Work based training
In addition, you will undertake the following Wincanton courses:
• Health and safety
• Legal Compliance
• Training for Profit
• Disciplinary Training
• Absence Management
• Recruitment and Selection
Traffic Office (Skills for Logistics)
The training provider does not yet have a sector success rate for this type of apprenticeship training.
Monday to Friday, 40 Hours
Permanent full time employment on successful completion of the programme, with good career prospects for progression.
Put simply, Wincanton stores things and moves them around the country, sometimes further. Obviously the supply chain isn’t quite that simple, however, in essence that’s what we do and we do it well.
- a leading provider of supply chain solutions
- more than 16,500 logistics experts
- partnerships and customers across all sectors
- 1.8 million square metres of warehousing space and storage
- over 5,000 vehicles delivering distribution and transport services
- 250 sites across the UK and Ireland
- end-to-end services – from raw materials to returns management
- flexible and scalable – from a single container to complete supply chain solutions.
- This role is based within the Construction sector, Wincanton’s market-leading construction team is responsible for delivering 400,000 loads to construction and building sites across the UK every year, consisting of bricks, blocks, rooftiles, cement, pipes, plasterboard. Using specialist equipment including hiabs, moffetts, powder tanks, pipe trailers and double-deck trailers, we work with our customers to drive operational improvements across their supply chain.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wincanton Group Limited directly.