Art and Design (Fashion & Clothing) Level 3 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
- The UK fashion industry is estimated to support 797,000 jobs. Fashion is the largest employer of all the UK's creative industries
- Students progress to careers in fashion and textile design, buying, marketing, styling, tailoring and manufacture
- Students develop a specialist portfolio of work and employability skills for direct progression to higher education degree or employment
- Gain skills in fashion design, pattern cutting, garment and accessory production
- Investigate visual studies, incorporating fashion illustration and Computer Aided Design
- Study textile design and manufacture and fashion crafts
- Improve awareness of the global history of fashion
- Research current industry practice and methods used in fashion forecasting and fashion promotion
- Learn how to present design ideas in a professional environment
- Develop appropriate skills/qualifications in English, Maths and software applications
- 200 GCSE entry points including English Language or English Literature at Grade C or have a Level 2 Diploma at Merit level including GCSE English Language or English Literature at Grade C
- You will have to provide examples of art and design work at interview
- We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience or qualifications
Assessment is continuous throughout the programme, culminating in an end of year fashion show. Functional skills are assessed through on-line tests.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
After successfully completing a Level 3 90 Credit Diploma, you can progress to a second and final year of specialist study with a Level 3 Extended Diploma. Students develop a specialist portfolio of work and employability skills for direct progression to higher education degree or employment.
- Enrichment programme of visits including the Clothes Show Live, the Fashion & Textile Museum and V&A
- Fabric sourcing and shop reporting in London’s West End
- Work experience opportunities in the fashion industry such as Ted Baker, House of Fraser, F&F Clothing (Tesco) and with independent fashion designers
- Produce a collection for a fashion show held at a professional venue
- Develop a portfolio of work for direct progression to higher education degree or employment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.