Business Studies at Moorlands Sixth Form College
This four unit specification requires students to develop their ability to acquire a range of important and transferable skills including data skills, presenting arguements, making judgements and conducting research.
- What is business>
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the straegic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Stratetic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
Minimum of 5 higher grades at GCSE including English and maths
Externally set examination. Pre-release research tasks.
Studying business provides an excellent qualifiction for pathways into numerous careers. You will be able to use this varied qualificaiton to progress to both higher education and/or employment. This is because universities and employers recognise the indepedence of thought and critical awareness that A level business studies courses develop.
A wide range of career options are available to business studies student including the possibility of being self employed.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Moorlands Sixth Form College directly.