Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at The Dukeries Academy
This course offers a broad basis of study for the health and social care sector. This qualification is designed to support progression to higher education when taken as part of a programme of study that includes other appropriate BTEC Nationals or A Levels.
Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development
- Learners cover physical, intellectual, emotional and social development across the human lifespan, and the factors affecting development and the effects of ageing.
- 1.5 hour exam worth 90 marks.
Unit 2: Working in Health and Social Care
- Learners explore what it is like to work in the health and social care sector, including the roles and responsibilities of workers and organisations
- 1.5 hour exam worth 80 marks.
Unit 3: Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Learners focus on the principles and practicalities that underpin meeting individuals’ care and support needs, which are the foundation of all the care disciplines.
Unit 12: Supporting individuals with additional needs
- Learners explore reasons why individuals may experience additional needs and examine how to overcome the challenges to daily living faced by people with additional needs.
5 A*-C grades at GCSE (including English and Maths). You do not have to have studied health and social care at level 2 to be accepted onto the level 3 course.
There are 4 units, 2 exams and 2 coursework modules. Mandatory content (83%). External assessment (58%).
You will develop many skills that are transferable to study at university and in the work place. The course does collect UCAS points but it also trains you with work experience. You will also develop: cognitive and problem-solving skills: use critical thinking, approach non-routine problems applying expert and creative solutions, use systems and technology, intrapersonal skills: communicating, working collaboratively, negotiating and influencing, self-presentation interpersonal skills: self-management, adaptability and resilience, self-monitoring and development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Dukeries Academy directly.