Plumbing and Domestic Heating Level 2 Diploma at Bath College
This course will help you progress as a plumber or heating engineer in residential properties. It is a new industry qualification and for full completion you will require a suitable employment opportunity as the final assessments will be work-based.
- Safe working practices in building services engineering
- Communicating with others within building service engineering
- Applying environmental protection measures within building services engineering
- Applying scientific principles within mechanical engineering services
- Site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems
- Domestic cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Domestic hot water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
- Domestic rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques
- Domestic above-ground drainage system installation and maintenance techniques
Four GCSEs at grade D or above, including English language, maths and science
Level 1 Plumbing qualification preferred (but not essential)
You will be assessed by practical assessment, coursework and exams:
Practical: tasks are assessed by strict criteria
Theory: each unit has an online exam to be passed, plus an overall final exam
Additional work-based units are assessed at the learner’s place of employment, if applicable
Progress onto a Level 3 Plumbing course or short specialist courses such as: Gas, Environmental Technologies, Unvented and Vented Hot Water Systems, Water Regulations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.