BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science at Christ the King Sixth Form College - St Mary's
The BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science is a two year full-time programme of study, consisting of 18 units. Nine units are covered in the first year and another nine are covered in the second. Six of the units, known as core units, are compulsory. The remaining 13 units are called specialist units and may include:
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
- Energy Changes, Sources and Applications
- Chemistry for Biology Technicians
- Medical Physics Techniques
- Biomedical Science Techniques
- Physiology of Human Regulation and Reproduction
- Microbiological Techniques
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Chemical Laboratory Techniques
- Criminal Investigation Practice
GCSE Science (A*–C) and GCSE Maths (A*-C). This is a nationally recognised progression route from GCSE Applied Science and BTEC Level 2 (Merit) Diploma in Applied Science.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Christ the King Sixth Form College - St Mary's directly.