Music BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma at Academy of Music & Sound (UK) LTD
The course will suit those of you that have two or more years’ experience on your chosen discipline, and those who have an interest in a range of musical styles with the aim of improving
both your practical ability and your general knowledge of music and the music industry.
You will need 5 GCSE passes at grade A to C (including English Language and Maths), a good level of musicianship and good computer skills. We will consider all applicants on individual merit, but we assess your musical experience by way of audition.
Here are some of the areas that you will experience.
Performers, you will:
- Study your instrument in a series of instrument specific classes (i.e. guitarists will study with guitarists, singers will study with singers etc.)
- Write and record your own songs using the latest equipment and professional software in our own in-house recording studio.
- Learn about different musical genres and perform them in Live Performance Workshops.
- Perform live in a band each week; learn new songs every week, and perfect your rehearsal techniques.
- Discover how the music industry works and what job opportunities are there for you.
- Become familiar with music theory.
- Perform at a gig at the end of each term, including planning and project-managing your own gig at the end of each year.
A BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma leads to the further study of music at a higher level, including HNC, HND or Foundation Degree and BA (Hons) Degrees. It may also help you on your way to a career as a musical performer, music teacher, songwriter, producer, music journalist, band manager, sound engineer and session musician.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Academy of Music & Sound (UK) LTD directly.