Drama and Theatre A Level at St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls
Students will develop practical, creative and communication skills. While creating drama and theatre in either a performing or production role. Students will also develop analytical skills through written tasks thereby becoming an informed critic.
Grade C GCSE Drama GCSE English (at Grade C or above) is required GCSE Maths (at Grade C or above) is not required
- Component 1: Exploration and Performance Coursework - 60% of qualification
- Component 2: Theatre Makers in Practice Written exam - 40% of qualification
- Component 1: Divising Coursework - 40% of qualification
- Component 2: Text in Performance Written exam - 20% of qualification
- Component 3: Theatre Makers in Practice Coursework - 40% of qualification
This course leads to further study in Drama, Theatre Studies and Performing Arts and also performing arts industries at either University or Performing Arts Colleges. Career pathways may include Media, Theatre and Teaching.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls directly.