BTEC in Forensic Science at The Priory City of Lincoln academy
Type of Course: BTEC Subsidiary Diploma
· Explore the essential procedures and practices found in all laboratories.
· Develop scientific investigative skills giving the ability to sample and test different substances and materials.
· Develop confidence in handling chemicals and monitoring reactions.
· Techniques to collect, package and analyse evidence
· Profiling criminal behaviour
· Exploring the structure of the CJS.
The Diploma gives UCAS points towards University entrance.
This is a vocational award giving a good basis for those wishing to enter science based employment or further training, ie Forensic Science, Science technicians, nursing, paramedic etc.
· Pupils will visit forensic science facilities at Lincoln University and carry out a crime scene investigation at the ‘crime scene house’ at Lincoln University Riseholme Campus.
· Visits to the courts to see a live trial.
· Talks from professionals like police, judges and forensic scientists.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Priory City of Lincoln academy directly.