IT AS/A-Level (Vocational) at Cranford Community College
The course primarily focuses on developing practical skills that are applied to different scenarios. Students develop their understanding of how computers are used within a business to communicate, the impact of ICT on making organisations more efficient. It provides opportunities for them to explore how businesses use different information systems.
Students who opt to do the double award spend time developing their understanding of how social media is used within business and designing databases, explore computer applications and have the opportunity to design and implement websites for clients.
Year 12: Each unit is worth 33.3% for introductory diploma and 16.65% for diploma
- Unit 1: Communication and employability skills for IT
- Unit 2: Information Systems
- Unit 12: Website Production Double Award
- Unit 23: Database Design
- Unit 41: Understanding Mobile Technology
- Unit 43: Understanding Social Media for Business
Year 13: Each unit is worth 33.3% for single award and 16.65% for double
- Unit 7: Computer Networks
- Unit 19: Spread sheet Modelling
- Unit 21: Communication Technologies Double Award
- Unit 28: Network Systems Security
- Unit 34: Systems Analysis
- Unit 40: Cloud Computing in Business
Normally D in Maths and D in English.
Assessment is 100% coursework, there are no external examinations.
- Network Engineer
- Information Security Specialist
- Computer Programmer
- Virtual Systems Manager
- App Developer
- IT Technician
- Systems Developer
- Forensic Computer Analyst
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cranford Community College directly.