Early Years CACHE Certificate Level 2 at Gloucestershire College
This course is perfect for you if you are looking for a career working with children and young people, but are not yet ready to take a Level 3 qualification.
You will be able to gain practical experience working in a real workplace, while studying the essential skills necessary to progress further.
You will also be required to study English and Maths to improve your skills.
You will study a range of units relating to the Children and Young People's Workforce.
The topics you will study may include:
- Communication and Personal Development within a workplace of childcare setting
- Children's and young peoples' development
- Equality and Inclusion
- Supporting the creativity of children and young people
- Supporting children and young people's play and leisure
- Supporting children with a range of communication difficulties and/or special educational needs
- Health and Safety and Safeguarding
- Working in Partnership with services and professionals who support Children and Young People
- Paediatric emergency first aid, managing paediatric illness or injury
You will need to have 3 GCSE's at grade D or above. including English and Maths. Candidates must also have a good reference, enthusiastic participation in a summer experience day, and a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
You will be assessed through your course work and work placement performance which will take place in a variety of early years settings.
A fee is charged for the DBS check, and T-Shirt. You will also be charged a fee at enrolment to cover the cost of at least one educational trip or acitivity.
Further events arranged during the year, may require an additional fee payable at the time of booking. You will be advised of the appropriate text book, which we would encourage you to purchase independently.
Upon completion, you may progress on to a Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.